Hey there! In case you missed it, I’m Akima A. Brown; a globally sought speaker, equity advocate, researcher, and creative.
I often present on topics related to the intersections of national labor policy, workplace culture, family care infrastructure, and emerging markets. This can look like:
- Contractors and Freelancers
- Women at Work/Gender Parity
- Building an Anti-racist Workplace
- Care Solutions and Workplace Culture
- March 25: Panelist: “The Kids Stay in the Picture” at Making Waves Conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Hosted by Women in Film & Television Atlanta (WIFT-AT).
- March 10: Panelist: “Parenthood with Cameras” at SXSW Conference in Austin, TX. Hosted by SXSW, LLC.
- January 17: Presenter: Honoring the Legacy of Dr. King for The National Day of Racial Healing. Sponsored by W.K. Kellogg Foundation and the Delaware Division of Human Relations.
- January 21: Featured Guest; Monthly Member Spotlights on IGTV. Sponsored by Blackbird House with Host Brigid Coulter.
- January 29: Featured Guest; America’s Heroes Group Roundtable on iHeart Radio. Presented by AARP.
- February 18: Panelist; Filmmakers’ Q&A at the InFocus: Black Cinema with the New Filmmakers Los Angeles Monthly Film Festival.
- February 24: Presenter; “Creative Economy with Akima Brown: Creating Space to Create“. An Aspiring Filmmaker Roundtable presented by The Delaware State University Arts Center.
- March 29: Podcast Guest; Reel Families for Change — Akima A. Brown on Lights, Camera, Rolling… Mom! Hosted by Jency Allison Weeks.
- April 25: Panelist; Racism in Film, Media, and Theater with the YWCA-DE’s Stand Against Racism Challenge (An annual campaign sponsored by YWCA of America).
- May 31: Panelist; Intersectional at Work (A Twitter Space). Hosted by The Female Quotient.
- June 22: Host; 2022 Screen Industry Work-Life Sustainability Summit. Presented by Reel Families for Change.
- July 14-17: Panelist/Honoree; 2022 Official Selection for “The Champion” (for role of Writer/Producer). Micheaux Film Festival; Los Angeles, CA.
- September 14: Podcast Guest; How to Create a Life-Friendly Ecosystem with Akima A. Brown on the Intuitive Coach Podcast. Hosted by Gianna Diggs.
- October 27: Featured Guest; Episode 11 with Akima A. Brown on Talking with TK. Hosted by Takia Lamb.
- December 1: Keynote Panelist; Compassionate Accountability, Leadership, and Team Mobilization. PAAL Theatre Summit 2022.
- January 12, 2021: Inaugural Fellow Induction, Black Producers Fellowship sponsored by Black TV & Film Collective, Wavelength Film, and Cinereach.
- June 5, 2021: Featured Guest; Film and Family Podcast with Kent and Anna Thalman.
Discussing the founding of Reel Families for Change and the importance of work-life harmony for workers in the screen industry.
- June 10, 2021: Guest Instructor; Youth Writers Workshop at the School of the NYTimes with Michael S. King, PhD.
- December 16, 2021: Panelist; The BTFC & Wavelength Black Producers Fellowship Private Screening with Filmmaker Q&A.
- October 20, 2020: Featured Guest; Delaware State of the Arts Podcast.
Akima sharers how her work as a filmmaker and nonprofit founder come together as she tries to help build a creative economy infrastructure in Delaware.
- November 7, 2020: Lead Facilitator; Delta Academy Youth Esteem Workshop. Sponsored by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. – San Diego Alumnae Chapter